- It’s efficient. “I’ve replaced a competitor’s implementation the size of a school bus with one on Pure that’s the size of a microwave.”
- And it’s faster. “What took us 38 hours to do can now be done in eight.”
- And it’s simple. “This tent card (the size of a business card) has all that I need to do to get the device up and running.”
- And it saves time and money. “It saves us 39.1 human hours per day!”
- And it’s evergreen. “I love not having to think about upgrades and migrations ever again.”
- And it just works. “This thing just keeps humming. I never have to worry about it.”
- And it has great support. “I thought it couldn’t be that awesome. Then I managed AIRI (one of Pure’s products) and it is. I can’t say enough about Pure’s proactive support. It’s like having an extra admin on my team.”
- And it’s fun (one of my favorites because it’s so unexpected). “Pure is really interesting from a design and implementation standpoint. Unboxing, installing and configuring, it doesn’t matter. Everything seems like it has had so much thought put into its design. I’ve never seen an appliance that was… fun to install.”
The power of and is at work. It’s not about or. How? Because the company had a bold vision. Pure executed and built products to ensure that customers don’t have to make compromises. Products were built from the ground up to do and’s. Pure doubled down on the vision. There were risks but it was right. The vision allowed the business to build without retrofitting to make tradeoffs along the way.
Here are a couple of my favorites because it changed people’s businesses and personal lives. These customers openly shared their stories with me, a relative stranger to them.
“Pure made my life simple. Once you’ve gone Pure, you’ll never go back.” Then, he proceeded to show me photos of his 3-year-old and 1-year-old boys (who just started walking) to reinforce that he’s now able to spend more time with them.
– Sr. Systems Admin, Healthcare Company
“Our app package was 49th out of 51 in response time. After we installed Pure, we were 2nd or 3rd. The spinning wheel went away! Personally, I can spend more time hunting with my daughter and 78-year-old father. It’s just amazing!” He even showed me photos of alligator, deer, snakes, squirrel, frog, etc that they’ve hunted and cooked together.
– IT Director, Government Agency
I laughed out loud in disbelief at one of our customer events because the customers seated around me were cheering, clapping, nodding their heads, and yelling, “I concur!” when one of our other customers on stage was sharing his journey with Pure. The experience rivaled what you might see at Sunday church with people shouting, “Hallelujah!” As my esteemed colleague, Prakash Darji, wrote in a LinkedIn article, our customers are truly fanatic.
Then, of course, there are the many public stories about how our customers are changing the world. They help find a cure for cancer, survive calamities, win in sports, and so much more. When Pure says that it empowers innovators to build a better world with data, it means it. It is what inspires the company, from our engineers to our CEO. It’s more about what we make possible rather than just what we make. Here’s a snippet of what our CEO, Charlie Giancarlo, said in a recent interview with CNBC‘s Christine Tan.
Customers Turned Employees
My experience in working with our customers has been energizing and inspiring. It’s nothing like I’ve ever experienced in my 25+ year career in technology. But nothing could’ve prepared me for the biggest surprise in my short tenure at Pure.
In many parts of the business, particularly in the go-to-market teams, I have met many employees who were former customers of Pure. The company has former CIOs, IT and Engineering leaders, and technology architects of global financial institutions, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications, and high tech companies who have deployed and used Pure’s products and services. They rave about their experience with Pure, not just in using its products but in working with the people. These customers loved it so much that they decided to join the company. They believed in the vision and in what Pure is passionate about.
A number of them were retired but decided to come back to the workforce because of Pure, only for Pure. I’ve lost track of the number of people who have told me how much they love their job, that it’s more than just a job. In fact, several have said that it doesn’t feel like work because they enjoy it so much.