In August, Pure Storage® and Cohesity announced a strategic partnership – built on a shared vision and core values of innovation and customer obsession — to bring to market a jointly engineered, modern, all-flash backup and recovery solution. Today, we’re excited to announce the general availability of Pure FlashRecover™, Powered by Cohesity®.
This solution combines the unmatched unified fast file and object (UFFO) capabilities of Pure Storage FlashBlade® with the cutting-edge data-protection capabilities of Cohesity DataProtect software to deliver a fully integrated solution. For data-driven organizations looking for competitive advantages and better return on investments, this solution provides rapid recovery at scale, helps you recover quickly from ransomware and cyberattacks, and enables faster data reuse. To ensure a seamless customer experience, procurement, deployment, and support for this solution is provided by Pure Storage.
To learn more about our partnership and shared vision, check out the podcast with Pure Storage’s VP of Strategy and Solutions, Amy Fowler, and Cohesity’s VP of Product Marketing, Chris Wiborg.
How Did We Get Here?
The current environment has only accelerated the trends we’ve been observing in the market. Data continues to grow at an unprecedented rate, and the rise in the value and volume of data has coincided with the increased adoption of all-flash in enterprises worldwide.
According to a recent ESG Research Survey, 71% of IT respondents agreed that data and effective storage strategies play a strategic role in delivering a competitive advantage, and 88% of organizations depend on flash storage. The demand for flash is now expanding to the backup and disaster-recovery space. The need to ensure flash-enabled fast, reliable, and simple backup and recovery of data—at scale—is greater than ever before. Increased occurrences of ransomware attacks, including the recent are a constant reminder that this is becoming an even more critical problem.
Technology leaders are looking for better answers to the challenges associated with:
- The growing business-continuity and disaster-recovery (DR) demands of modern applications and data
- The move toward cloud services
- The heightened concerns over ransomware
- The need to address their infrastructure complexities
Pure FlashRecover, Powered by Cohesity delivers the accelerated backup and rapid recovery that enterprises need today. It not only ensures business continuity in the face of a disaster or a ransomware attack but also reduces data-center complexity and offers simplicity to meet growing petabyte-level recovery requirements.
The Response So Far
We’ve been humbled by our customers’ enthusiasm and analysts’ feedback for this solution. This gives us even greater confidence in our vision. In a recent Forbes article about the solution, Steve McDowell of Moor Insights and Strategy writes, “Pure and Cohesity are taking an approach that’s different from most of the competitive field, one that delivers much-needed capabilities while simplifying the experience for IT. Unifying data protection and fast file and object storage makes sense.”
When we think about the typical organizations that are excited about Pure FlashRecover, Powered by Cohesity, Scott Sinclair from ESG sums it up well in his blog post: “These organizations view themselves as competitive differentiators, central to business operations, and rightfully so. They see their job as empowering all facets of the business and understand that every second the business is down is lost revenue and lost opportunity.”
How Pure FlashRecover, Powered by Cohesity Can Benefit Your Business
Pure FlashRecover, Powered by Cohesity delivers industry-leading performance, simplicity, and scalability with unified support for a truly integrated solution that:
- Enables robust business continuity: Delivers massive throughput and lower latency to meet the most demanding recovery SLAs and protect all your data wherever it resides.
- Minimizes backup TCO: Achieves efficient resource utilization with compression and global dedupe, combined with the ability to independently scale compute and storage to optimize the compute-to-storage ratio to meet your backup and recovery needs.
- Delivers the modern backup experience: Brings the advantages of primary all-flash storage to your backup and recovery environment. Native cloud-integration with all major cloud providers helps you address the long-term archive needs of your organization.
- Protects your investments: Future-proof your investments by doing more with your backup data by allowing multiple applications to leverage data stored on the high-performance, unified fast file and object FlashBlade platform for DevOps and analytics.
Read Cohesity’s post, “The Wait Is Over! Modern, All-Flash Backup and Recovery for Rapid Recovery at Scale.”