We just wrapped up Business Applications Week at Pure//Accelerate™ Digital. In case you missed it (and we hope you didn’t!), you can register to watch session replays and on-demand content. And be sure to join us live (virtually) next week for Basecamp Week.
It’s an interesting time for companies when it comes to applications, especially considering the enterprise-wide digital transformation initiatives and explosive growth of data. Also, with more people working from home and accessing applications remotely, there’s a much greater focus on improving application performance and enhancing end-user experience.
The Business Applications Week sessions fueled insightful discussions and delivered practical strategies on how to eliminate bottlenecks, complexity, and costly downtime while also operating under budget and seamlessly connecting workloads to the cloud. Let’s look back at a few of the week’s highlights:
- In “DBAs and IT Admins: The Swiss Army Knives of the Data Center,” a live panel Pure experts shared helpful tips on how you can invest in developing your skills to stay relevant amid these changing conditions. For example, they discussed how administrators can capitalize on the automation trend and evolve into powerful generalists and consultants.
- In another live session “Scripting Zero to Hero with Pure Powershell SDKs,” the speakers shared great real-world examples to help attendees on their journey of scripting with Pure Powershell SDKs. Our guest speaker from Involta shared amazing insights on how they implement Pure Powershell SDK in their own environment.
Tech Bytes Sessions
Tech Bytes sessions are a great way to learn more about the benefits of deploying Pure technology with modern applications. Check out these on-demand sessions on:
Learn how to do more for less with your SAP workloads and how to data tier HANA without performance penalties while getting a dramatic TCO improvement:
- Improve SAP HANA TCO with Data-Tiering and Intel Optane Acceleration
- Do More for Less with SAP Workloads
Be sure to watch these sessions on Pure Validated Designs for SQL Server and for details on Pure’s SQL Server Management Studio Extension:
- Deliver SQL Server Business Resilience in the Hybrid Cloud
- Automate More and Manage Less with Pure’s Updated SQL Server Management Studio Extension
Containers have gone mainstream, and VMware vSphere vVols is increasing in popularity. Check out these two great sessions to learn more about how to containerize an Oracle Database for use on a Kubernetes cluster and to find out the benefits of using Oracle workloads on VMware vVols:
- Running Oracle Databases on Kubernetes: Deep Dive
- Discover Why Oracle and VMware vVols Are Better Together
The world’s most popular open-source database, MySQL has gained wide adoption in mission-critical production environments. Discover new ways to avoid common manageability issues in MySQL environments and how to use storage solutions to solve the gravitational pull of large database landscapes toward complex and inflexible architectures. Check out:
Take a minute to bookmark the Pure//Accelerate catalog to view these and other sessions on demand.