The 20th Cybersecurity Awareness Month is upon us, and it’s the ideal time to build next-gen resilience into your critical infrastructure now while preparing for the cyber challenges of tomorrow. This year, the theme is “Secure Our World,” highlighting the vital need for all of us—from individuals and families to small businesses and enterprises—to do our part in securing our digital world.
The program lays out four best practices to implement today to keep cybercriminals at bay:
- Use strong passwords
- Turn on multi-factor authentication (MFA) where possible
- Stay vigilant against phishing scams and report possible attempts
- Update software versions and install the latest security patches on devices
Is Your Enterprise IT Architecture Resilient and Ready?
For enterprises dealing with large amounts of sensitive data and infrastructure, in particular, this means building a tiered, data resilient, security architecture and collaborating with government agencies to share both knowledge and incidents.
Pure Storage recently launched new security features to give enterprise IT even more data protection capabilities, including:
- New: Pure Protect™ //DRaaS
- New: Zero Data Loss Guarantee/SLA
- An updated Data Protection Assessment with Data Resiliency Score & Third Party Backup Protection
- Updated: Ransomware Anomaly Detection
At Pure, we don’t just prioritize security for one month a year, and we definitely don’t just help you store your data. Security is built into everything we do—and all of our products. Below is just a sample of the resources you can find on our blog.
Join us October 25 for a special event, Navigating Data Resiliency Like A Pro, featuring special guest, Tiger Woods’ legendary coach Butch Harmon.
We’re covering ransomware from every angle and updating our blog as new trends emerge. Our Coffee Break series featured talks on the Impact of DevSecOps and conversations with experts like former Black Hat Hector “Sabu” Monsegur to explore the current cybersecurity landscape and his recommendations for building a resilient architecture. Beyond our free Ransomware Mitigation and Recovery ebook, also co-authored by Hector, you can find focused deep dives into ransomware, such as:
- What are scareware and wiperware? New types of malware to know
- The worst case scenario for a ransomware attack—and how to be prepared
- A look at the entire lifecycle of an attack—with a three-part series of posts discussing how to be ready before an attack, how to respond during an attack, and the steps to take after a breach
- A Ransomware Survival Kit to teach how you can speed recovery and survive an attack—with specific versions tailored to industries such as healthcare, finance, government, education, and life sciences
- How to minimize the cost of an attack
- How to put CISA’s “Shields Up” recommendations into action
- The pros and cons of paying or not paying a ransom
- Official ransomware recommendations from the White House
- Unpacking scareware, the digital nightmare
Modern Resiliency Architectures, Better Backups, and More
Not all security architectures are created equal, and that can be the difference between getting back online in hours vs. days. We dispelled some myths about air gaps, discussed security analytics and SIEM systems, and went in-depth into the benefits of data bunkers—including a sample architecture to get you started. For tactical resources and tools to guide discussions with internal security teams, check out:
- What is a Resiliency Architecture and How Can You Build One?
- Better Together: How Pure’s Security Partners Add to Your Arsenal
- How to create a data breach response team
- A breakdown of the new White House 2023 Cybersecurity Strategy
- “Security Logs: 3 Reasons You Can’t Survive Without Them,” and how to keep them safe
- “5 Questions to Ask Your CISO,” a conversation-starter plus a download to help you hold valuable discussions with security teams in your organization
Compliance is an aspect of data security that can quickly become a costly side effect of a breach.
- 10 data compliance best practices you can establish now to mitigate risk
- A look at the EU’s new DORA framework and how it builds resilience
- How EU Telcos can get compliant with the new Telco Services Act
- See how smarter storage can play a critical role in boosting compliance
- Some how-tos on data retention and deletion policies
Want to Learn More?
Take the next step in modernizing your data protection solutions. Understand your risk of a ransomware attack, protect your business from ransomware attacks, and be sure to follow more on social with the hashtag #SecureOurWorld.
Hear from frequent Pure Report guest and Principal SE Andrew Miller about what we’ve been learning about ransomware intrusions, the trifecta of defense principles, and how Pure can help. Andrew also covers the top 5 questions we’re hearing from IT around implementing protection, and dives into 2 actual attack examples and the resulting recovery efforts in the podcast: