Gartner predicts that by 2022, more than 75% of global organizations will be running containerized applications in production, up from less than 30% today. Despite this frenetic pace of adoption, there’s still a lot to figure out when it comes to delivering modern applications and streamlining overall IT infrastructure.
One of the key pieces of this puzzle is choosing a platform. With the ability to host more than 70 million applications, VMware vSphere is a good option. When you build modern applications on vSphere, you’ll be able to take advantage of your existing investments and skill sets.
vSphere with Tanzu enables you to build Kubernetes-based applications on your existing vSphere infrastructure. This enables IT operations teams to rapidly deliver Kubernetes clusters to developers on their current VMware infrastructure using familiar tools. By layering Kubernetes on top of vSphere with Tanzu, IT Ops can continue to provide a stable, scalable, and secure infrastructure. It also provides a simpler, faster path to modernize applications on a vSphere infrastructure.
Pure Storage® with vVols is a great choice for vSphere with Tanzu environments:
- Pure is named as a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant, validating our ability to execute and completeness of vision to meet your ever-evolving storage needs.
- With Pure’s simplicity, agility, and predictable performance—plus FlashArray’s proven 99.9999% availability—you won’t have to worry about storage for your VMware infrastructure again.
- Pure’s deep integrations across VMware environments enable you to confidently manage the entire infrastructure using familiar VMware tools.
VMware recently recognized FlashArray as the #1 most deployed platform for vVols. It’s a testament to Pure’s close collaboration with VMware in driving new standards. vVols adds considerable value to Kubernetes on top of VMware due to its granularity on an array level.
As the proverb goes, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
The new Pure Validated Design for VMware vSphere with Tanzu and FlashArray can help you take the first step toward consuming an on-premises, enterprise Kubernetes platform. It provides detailed information for VMware practitioners to easily deploy Kubernetes on vSphere with vVols on Pure FlashArray for persistent storage. You can take your first step knowing that Pure has you covered—no matter what your final destination is.
To learn more about deploying Kubernetes on VMware, check out:
- VMware Solutions from Pure
- Technical Blog on Pure Validated Design for vSphere with Tanzu
- Webinar: Hybrid Cloud Kubernetes with vSphere & Pure Storage Cloud Block Store™
- Technical documentation: Pure Storage VMware Platform Guide