I use Windows Live Writer as my blog editor. I self host WordPress.org on Windows Azure and appreciate the editing features and easy integration. Although I like Windows Live Writer I have issue with the “local only” thought of working on blogs. U use two different systems and it is nice to have a central location of draft posts so I can work on them from the office or remotely. Make the changes below in your environment to use a central location for Windows Live Writer.
- We are working with the Registry so make a backup!
- Open up the Registry Editor
- Windows 7 –> Start –> Run –> regedit
- Windows 8 –> Windows Key + R –> regedit
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows LiveWriter
- Right-click on the “Writer” folder and create a “New –> String Value”
- Enter PostsDirectory as the new name
- Double-click on PostsDirectory to set the value
- Enter the new location that you would like to have the central location for your posts.
- Note: I use Box so the folder I chose is within my Box directory therefore I will see it on any system I have sync’d with my Box account.
- There will be two folders created under this new folder you reference:
- Recent Posts
Have fun blogging!