Hot off the presses, the new FlashStack Mini Converged Infrastructure Design Guide for Microsoft Applications with Hyper-V (Download). This new FlashStack uses the UCS Mini platform and the Pure Storage FlashArray//M10 and provides a reference design for deploying the applications below:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2
- Pure Storage SMI-S Provider
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 desktops
- File Services for user home directories
- Multiple instances of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 running OLTP and DSS workloads
The UCS Mini uses SAN boot for rapid deployment of the blades and the ability to scale-out as needed. This design is targeted at a deployment of 300 desktops and 4 instances of SQL Server, 1 instance of Exchange and SharePoint Foundation. Depending on the size of your organization this design can be scaled up and out with Cisco UCS and other Pure Storage FlashArray//M offerings such as the //M20, //M50 or //M70.
The documentation walks through in detail how to configure the Cisco UCS Mini, Pure Storage FlashArray//M10 and all of the Microsoft applications.
I hope this reference design helps others see what can be delivered and scaled using the combination of Cisco and Pure Storage.