So you did it. You went ahead and registered for Pure//Accelerate 2016. Congrats! Now, while your less resourceful pals are stuck in the office, counting down the hours ‘til St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll get a jumpstart on the celebratory spirit and have a chance to hobnob with the industry’s most innovative thought-leaders. Not a bad way to spend a Monday and Tuesday, right?
But now that you’re set for a game-changing couple of days, the panic might be starting to sink in: you have no idea how to pack or prep for this one-of-a-kind event. Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to be a Pure//Accelerate pro by mid-March:
What to pack:
- A hoodie: Not from the Bay, huh? Then you’ll need to get the uniform right to fit in. Sure, the SF temps are mild, but you’ll be wishing you had a comfy zip-up when you’re surrounded by hordes of Zuckerberg-ian clones.
- Cool kicks: This is not the time to break in your sweet Italian loafers or sky-high stilettos. Pure//Accelerate is fast-paced and jam-packed with events, sessions, speakers and more. You’ll be on your feet and on-the-go. Be sure you’re prepared and pack your favorite sneakers.
- Business cards: It sounds almost archaic to carry around little pieces of paper adorned with all your info, but you’ll be meeting major innovators and the only way to ensure they don’t forget your face in two seconds? A concrete reminder they can carry with them. Don’t leave home without ‘em.
- Power Up: You’re gonna need it. This is going be a nonstop, two-day immersion in all-things data-driven. You’ll need all your devices powered up so you can take the notes, recordings and contact info you’ll need to retain all that important info and apply it to your post-conference life. There will be charging stations available, and to make sure your phone, laptop and tablet stay alive, pack a personal power strip so you don’t gain a reputation as that person hogging the whole outlet.
- Cable-ready: Similar to the power situation, you’ll want to be connected in all ways at all times. That means making sure your micro-USB, lightning cable, wall charger, HDMI and more are untangled and tucked away.
- An empty bag and an appetite: Eight food trucks to choose from? Come hungry. Oh, and we hear the welcome gift is pretty sweet.
- A game plan: Look, Pure//Accelerate has a lot—and we mean, a lot—to offer. The sheer amount of must-see attractions is enough to overwhelm a conference newbie. So to avoid a major meltdown, you’ll need an action plan. At the very least, you should bookmark the schedule of events and do a little pre-conference homework by picking your absolute can’t-miss favorites. It’s tough to make these kinds of decisions, we get it. But when it comes to seeing businessman and Shark Tank investor Robert Herjavec or Arista Networks President and CEO Jayshree Ullal, you’ll want to be in the right place at the right time.
And don’t forget to stay connected for all the important updates and announcements by following Pure Storage on Twitter during the event. You can’t be everywhere at once, but we can keep you in the loop about all the stuff you’re not catching. Now go get prepped, packed, and pumped for the event of a lifetime.