This year is Cybersecurity Awareness Month’s 18th year, continuing last year’s theme of “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.” At Pure, data is the air we breathe, so we have plenty of insights into how to keep it safe from risk.
Boost Your Cybersecurity IQ on the Pure Storage Blog
We don’t just prioritize security for a month a year, and we definitely don’t just help you store your data. Security is built into everything we do and all of our products. Below is just a sample of the resources you can find on our blog, including practical tips, strategies, and discussion guides.
We’re covering ransomware from every angle and updating our blog as new trends emerge. Beyond our free Ransomware Mitigation and Recovery ebook, co-authored by a former black hat hacker, you can find focused deep dives into ransomware, such as:
- Who’s launching today’s attacks and how they’re evolving
- A look at the entire lifecycle of an attack—with a 3-part series of posts discussing how to be ready before an attack, how to respond during, and how to recover once one has occurred.
- How to minimize the cost of an attack
- The pros and cons of paying or not paying a ransom
- Official ransomware recommendations from the White House
- A hypothetical story of two companies hit by the same attack, but with very different backup capabilities.
Modern Security Architectures, Better Backups, and More
Not all security architectures are created equal, and that can be the difference between getting back online in hours vs. days. I dispelled some myths about airgaps and went in-depth into the benefits of data bunkers—including a sample architecture to get you started. For tactical resources and tools to guide discussions with internal security teams, check out:
- Why Restore is the New Backup, with tips to improve restore times with immutable backups
- An enlightening Q&A With a Healthcare CISO who has a ransomware recovery strategy worth emulating
- Security Logs: 3 Reasons You Can’t Survive Without Them, and how to keep them safe
- How to protect your data with SafeMode snapshots
- 5 Questions to Ask Your CISO, a conversation-starter plus a download to help you hold valuable discussions with security teams in your organization.
Compliance is a major aspect of data security that can quickly become a costly side effect of a breach.
- Get 10 Data Compliance Best Practices you can establish now to mitigate risk
- See how smarter storage can play a critical role in boosting compliance
- Some how-to’s on data retention and deletion policies
This just scratches the surface of the subject. And check back as we add more resources and tips for you to keep your company’s most valuable assets safe. Subscribe to Pure’s Perspectives digest and you’ll get any new security articles right in your inbox. Until next year, #staycybersmart!