“Welcome to AWS re:Invent 2021!” The Pure Storage® team is very much looking forward to saying that to both familiar and new faces (while fist bumping, of course) at this year’s in-person event November 29-December 3 in Las Vegas. We hope you’ll stop by our booth (#1454) and say hello.
Pure has made a lot of cloud-focused advances in 2021. We released Portworx® PX-Backup 2.1 in AWS Marketplace so that customers can easily back up and recover their Kubernetes applications, along with support for on-prem to AWS migration with Pure Cloud Block Store™ for hybrid cloud, DevTest, and disaster recovery (DR). We also have new DR and MySQL solutions for AWS Outposts.
Here are more details on what’s new at AWS Re:invent:
Portworx by Pure Storage is a market leader in cloud-native Kubernetes storage and Kubernetes data protection. An AWS Advanced Technology Partner, Portworx is the Kubernetes data services platform businesses trust to run mission-critical applications in containers in production. Only Portworx provides a fully integrated solution for persistent storage, data protection, disaster recovery, data security, cross-cloud and data migrations, and automated capacity management for applications running on Kubernetes.
And we continue to innovate. What’s new?
- Portworx Enterprise on Amazon EKS-Anywhere provides AWS customers with a secure and highly available storage layer with consistent management across all versions of Amazon EKS. By leveraging Portworx with Amazon EKS-Anywhere, customers have a proven path to accelerate their hybrid cloud strategies.
- PX Backup, available in AWS Marketplace, enables customers running Kubernetes workloads on AWS to implement purpose-built backup and recovery tools to meet business and compliance backup requirements. This latest release provides customers with portability of backups between hybrid cloud locations, expanded support for file shares, and seamless support for the 3-2-1 backup framework.
Pure Cloud Block Store
Pure Cloud Block Store on AWS provides enterprise-grade storage features for seamless data mobility from on-prem to cloud, efficient DevTest, cost savings, and improved total cost of ownership.
- AWS Application Migration Service support provides a simple and efficient process for your AWS migration with VMware vVols or RDMs.
- The certified Terraform Provider for AWS accelerates automation of AWS infrastructure with Pure Cloud Block Store, including a Quick Launch solution to stand up all the necessary resources in AWS.
AWS RE:Invent Outposts Certification and Solutions
Pure Storage for AWS Outposts offers scalable high-performance block, file, object, and container storage to manage, migrate, and protect valuable data on-premises and connected to AWS cloud. What’s new? Now you can:
● Improve open source database operations with AWS Outposts by 4x. The combination of Pure FlashArray™ and AWS Outposts provides performance, scalability, and operational efficiency to database environments like MySQL. Get rich enterprise data services and 4x better performance when utilizing FlashArray with AWS Outposts.
● Simplify data protection for AWS Outposts. Pure FlashBlade® is now an AWS Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) target for Commvault for AWS Outposts backup and recovery. The solution provides scalable rapid restore for on-premises Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances and enables you to leverage FlashBlade with SafeMode™ snapshots for ransomware mitigation.
Don’t miss this session with Murli Thirumale, Portworx Co-Founder and General Manager of the Cloud Native Business Unit at Pure Storage: Monday, November 29, 4:20 PM PT. Session DEMO19-2 – Discover Kubernetes Made Simpler with Portworx on Amazon EKS.
We hope to see you at AWS re:Invent. Be sure to stop by booth #1454 in The Venetian to say hi and discuss how Pure can help solve your cloud needs.
Learn more about Pure Storage and AWS.